Book : Cybernetic Analysis for Stocks and Futures: Cutting-Edge DSP Technology to Improve Your Trading
From the Inside Flap
“While much of what is covered in this book breaks new ground, it is not simply innovation for innovation’s sake. Rather, it is intended to challenge conventional wisdom and illuminate the shortcomings of many prevailing approaches to systems development.”
–From Chapter 1
John Ehlers’s contributions to the art and science of trading have been nothing short of extraordinary. From his pioneering work applying maximum entropy spectral analysis (MESA)software to trading markets, to his definitive tour de force RocketScience for Traders, Ehlers’s innovative and market – proven approach to cycle analysis and market forecasting has earned him are putation that is unmatched among technicians and technical traders worldwide.
In Cybernetic Analysis for Stocks and Futures, Ehlers takes the next step, developing and demonstrating profoundly effective new trading tools through the application of modern digital signal processing techniques. Obtaining accurate cycle measurements within five samples with virtually zero lag, these tools have proven in real -time use to consistently provide traders with razor-sharp buy and sell signals in virtually any market–meeting or exceeding the performance of commercial systems which cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
To increase the book’s functionality and ease of use, each new technique, indicator, and automatic trading system is defined in both EasyLanguage code (for use in TradeStation™) and eSignal Formula Script (EFS) code. DLLs to work with Neuro ShellTrader are also available. Modernizing popular trading procedures to take advantage of the incredible computing speed and power available to today’s trader, Ehlers introduces:
- The Fisher Transform–ensure that the density function of any indicator is Gaussian, creating sharper trading signals
- The Relative Vigor Index–a responsive oscillator in which movement is normalized to the trading range of each bar
- Improved Hilbert Transform–a more responsive method to accurately measure market cycles
- The Sine wave Indicator–a non-causal filter that give sentry and exit signals 1/16 of a cycle period in advance of the turning point
- The Laguerre Transform–a new tool to address the smoothing versus lag problem more effectively and create better smoothing filters
- Super Smoothing Filters–provide more smoothing with lesslag
- Simple Moving Average Computations–two new ways to compute the simple moving average with unprecedented ease
Advances made in computer technology in the past two decade shave clearly outpaced advances in trading software and practice.Cybernetic Analysis for Stocks and Futures seeks to restore the balance between computational power and user proficiency. Combining new indicators with tested systems for forecasting stock and futures markets with surgical precision, it will drive your system sto new levels of predictive accuracy, trading effectiveness, and overall profitability.
From the Back Cover
Praise for Cybernetic Analysis for Stocks and Futures
“If John Ehlers writes it, I read it. He’s that brilliant.”
trader and author of Commodity Timing
“Cybernetic Analysis is a treasure of new and innovative ideas.John Ehlers has put aside the traditional mathematics of cycles and written a totally readable, thought-provoking, and user -friendly book on new indicators and trading methods. I particularly likedhis work on the Fisher Transform, probability distributions, and true lag, which are a great contribution. This is a must for all analysts.”
author of Trading Systems and Methods and A Short Course inTechnical Trading
“John Ehlers ranks with Art Merrill as the best quantitative technical analyst of the twentieth and, probably, the twenty -first century. The success of his insight–employing digital sign al analysis–is fully demonstrated in this volume, a worthy addition to his earlier, Rocket Science for Traders. For substantive, fully disclosed techniques you can use every day, this material is the best there is.”
former editor of Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities magazine
Breakthrough Trading Tools–and UpdatedApplications–for Dramatically Increased Forecasting Accuracyin Every Market
Over the past two decades, John Ehlers has built a world wide following with his unprecedented ability to combine the scientific knowledge of an engineer with the instincts of a top trader. InCybernetic Analysis for Stocks and Futures, Ehlers–author of the groundbreaking Rocket Science for Traders– introduces serious traders to all-new methods for applying digital sign al processing techniques to market forecasting.
Let Ehlers’s latest book show you how to:
- Obtain accurate cycle measurement within five samples
- Make indicators adaptive to market conditions using the measured cycle period
- Sharpen market turning points by manipulating the ProbabilityDistribution Function using the Fisher Transform
- Discern the onset of trend modes and cycle modes
- Generate dependable buy and sell signals in any market
Cybernetic Analysis for Stocks and Futures combines all- new indicators with innovative uses of proven indicators to give you that rare edge that makes trading more pleasurable and profitable ,in virtually every market and environment.