Book : Options Trading for the Conservative Investor: Increasing Profits Without Increasing Your Risk
Written for investors who are concerned with preserving capital, maximizing predictability, and maintaining consistently strong returns, this resource reveals a narrow band of options strategies that can help readers improve results as they systematically reduce unnecessary risk throughout their portfolio.
Other copy “Every open-minded conservative investor should read this book.”
–Lawrence G. McMillan, author of Options as a Strategic Investment
“The author’s option trading guidelines include important issues often overlooked by investors. Attention conservative investors! Michael Thomsett’s Options Trading for the Conservative Investor has hit a bulls eye…for you!”
–Marty Kearney, The Options Institute, Chicago Board Options Exchange
“Michael Thomsett has done a terrific job of showing how a conservative investor can use certain option strategies to his advantage. He spells out how that investor can utilize options to provide income, to protect stock holdings, or even as a substitute for stock itself. Every open-minded conservative investor should read this book.”
–Lawrence G. McMillan; publisher, The Options Strategist newsletter; president, McMillan Analysis Corporation; author, Options as a Strategic Investment
“This book is a must for the diligent investor. Perfectly timed for these uncertain markets, Michael Thomsett provides a lucid guide for how to approach options trading conservatively, yet also focuses on the fundamental need for good returns and provides real examples throughout.”
–Guy Cohen; author of The Bible of Options Strategies and creator of OptionEasy (www.optioneasy.com)
If you’re an investor concerned with preserving capital, maximizing predictability, and maintaining consistently strong returns, your best solution just might surprise you: Options. In Options Trading for the Conservative Investor, Michael C. Thomsett reveals a narrow band of options strategies that can help you improve results as you systematically reduce unnecessary risk throughout your portfolio.
Thomsett, author of the global best-seller Getting Started in Options, writes in simple, nontechnical language, uses real examples, and guides you through every strategy–one easy step at a time. He’s made this book simple and visual enough for any experienced investor to use, even if they have no experience trading options. Thomsett is also the author of Stock Profits: Getting to the Core (Financial Times-Prentice Hall 2004), The Leaps Strategist (Marketplace Books 2004), and Investment and Securities Dictionary (McFarland & Company 1986).
Thomsett systematically covers several options strategies optimized for conservative investors, including covered call writing on carefully selected stocks, contingent purchase strategies, and powerful “combination” strategies that produce cash to bolster current income. No matter how cautious an investor you are, this book will give you powerful new tools for achieving your financial goals–without losing a moment of sleep.
- Fundamental ground rules for conservative options investors
- What you should know and believe before you get started
- How options fit into your conservative trading strategy
- Deciding what stocks to buy or sell options on–and what to avoid
- Examples and case studies based on an actual model portfolio
- Practical guidance for leveraging each strategy with your own portfolio
- Practical “rescue” strategies
- Recovering your investments when market values have fallen
- How to take profits without selling stock
- Step-by-step techniques based on long puts and short calls
Improve Returns–Without Added Risk!
- Easy, step-by-step options strategies for increasing income and protecting capital
- Preserving your spending power after inflation and taxes
- Avoiding unacceptable market, liquidity, and diversification risks
- Protecting your profits without losing invested positions
- No options experience necessary!
- By Michael C. Thomsett, author of the worldwide best-seller Getting Started in Options, 6th Edition (John Wiley & Sons 2005)
The world’s #1 options author has written the definitive options guide for conservative investors! One step at a time, you’ll discover how to use options to increase yields, reduce risks, protect existing positions, and ride safely through any market down cycle. Want double-digit returns without heart-pounding risk? Here are the options you’ve been searching for!