Book : Technical Analysis Explained, Fifth Edition: The Successful Investor’s Guide to Spotting Investment Trends and Turning Points
The guide technicians turn to for answers–tuned up to provide an advantage in today’s global economy
The face of investing has significantly changed in the 30 years since this book’s first publication, but one essential component of the markets has not–human behavior. Whether you’re trading cornerstone commodities or innovative investment products, observing how investors responded to past events through technical analysis is your key to forecasting when to buy and sell in the future. This fully updated fifth edition shows you how to maximize your profits in today’s complex markets by tailoring your application of this powerful tool.
Tens of thousands of individual and professional investors have used the guidance in this book to grow their wealth by understanding, interpreting, and forecasting significant moves in both individual stocks and entire markets. This new edition streamlines its time-honored, profit-driven approach, while updating every chapter with new examples, tables, charts, and comments that reflect the real-world situations you encounter in everyday trading. Required reading among many professionals, this authoritative resource now features:
- Brand-new chapters that analyze and explain secular trends with unique technical indicators that measure investor confidence, as well as an introduction to Pring’s new Special K indicator
- Expanded coverage on the profit-making opportunities ETFs create in international markets, sectors, and commodities
- Practical advice for avoiding false, contratrend signals that may arise in short-term time spans
- Additional material on price patterns, candlestick charts, relative strength, momentum, sentiment indicators, and global stock markets
Properly reading and balancing the variety of indicators used in technical analysis is an art, and no other book better illustrates the repeatable steps you need to take to master it.
When used with patience and discipline, Technical Analysis Explained, Fifth Edition, will make you a better decision maker and increase your chances of greater profits.
From the Back Cover
Technical Analysis Explained, Fifth Edition, is the updated bible of technical analysis written by a renowned expert and educational pioneer in the field. Widely recognized in the investment industry as the most authoritative guide on the subject, it gives you everything you need to forecast accurately how investors will respond to future events based on how they have statistically responded in the past.
Martin Pring, described in Barron’s as a “technician’s technician,” uses his popular straight-talk style of instruction to help all types of investors forecast price movements with reliable accuracy. Through his concentrated blend of theory and techniques, generations of investors have become better traders and gained long-term wealth. Now, this new edition shows today’s investors how to use the power of technical analysis in computerized markets with everchanging investment products.
This well-organized guide gets you started right away with:
- A step-by-step program for making technical analysis part of your investing routine
- Practical strategies for using today’s most sophisticated investment tools and techniques
- An insider’s look at the psychology of investors aimed at mastering your emotions
Movement in stock prices, breaking business news, and regularly issued financial reports all cause traders and investors to react–and often overreact–in predictable ways. Take the guesswork out of growing your portfolio by staying ahead of those reactions, where you can both profit and protect your assets with Technical Analysis Explained, Fifth Edition.