Book : The Introduction to the Magee System of Technical Analysis
Written by the master of the craft, John Magee, An Introduction to Magee’s System of Technical Analysis presents a methodology and philosophy for stock market decision making that he not only developed but that he practiced as an investment advisor for 45 odd years. Co-author of the bestselling Technical Analysis of Stock Trends, now in its eighth edition, Magee gives you a concise guide that reveals time-tested approaches for using technical analysis. You will learn how to make or save thousands of dollars, spot and stay on top of trends, time buy and sell decisions, minimize risks and boost investment profits, construct charts, and spot profitable chart patterns.
Editor/co-author, W.H.C. Bassetti prepares you for the continued study of the concepts and tools developed based on Magee’s theories. As a student and client of Magee he learned from America’s most respected master. Now he passes this knowledge on to you. More than a catalog of chart patterns, this reference manual based on the experience of experts provides a complete analysis of the effects of buying and selling on price.
- Understand how to recognize tops and bottoms
- Identify stock breakout formations
- Learn to track trendlines and realize your profits
- Use support and resistance levels to defend your positions
- Comprehend the meaning of flag and other transient patterns
- Detect overbought or oversold markets
- Grasp the nuts and bolts of constructing charts to spot profitable trends
- Identify tops and bottoms, triangles, head-and-shoulders, and understand their significance
In reality, mathematical or statistical sophistication is not necessary to practice technical analysis in the markets. Any number of little old ladies with a ruler and chart have outperformed any number of Nobel Laureates. Make no mistake, the intelligent application of technical analysis will lead to continued success in investing. But be warned: Success involves more than the mechanical use of cookie cutter principles. It requires the ability to see markets clearly, formulate a plan, and then stick with it. An Introduction to Magee’s System of Technical Analysis lays out a clear methodology and system for long-term trading/investment success.