Book : Trading ETFs: Gaining an Edge with Technical Analysis 2nd Edition
A comprehensive catalog of exchange-traded funds and insights into successful trading techniques
This Second Edition of the bestselling TradingETFs offers an updated version of the definitive guide to this vital part of the capital markets. It contains numerous new examples of the techniques that author Deron Wagner uses in selecting the most timely ETFs to trade and underscores the core insights of his trading discipline “trade what you see, not what you think.”
Written for professionals who are using, or should be using,ETFs as an asset class within their portfolios, as well as the individual investor who wants exposure to wider sectors and geographical regions than those available elsewhere.
- This revised edition of the classic resource focuses on the pros, cons, and potential pitfalls of trading the latest class ofETFs
- Includes inversely correlated and leveraged ETFs and the dangers, risks, and benefits associated with each new class ofETF
- Contains a refresher on the initial concept of ETF selection and new case studies on ideal entry and exit points as well as examples of real trades
This thoroughly revised and updated edition offers a “go-to”reference for understanding exchange-traded funds.
From the Inside Flap
Exchange-traded funds (ETFs) are a large and growing part of the investment community. They are also one of the best ways to participate and profit from a wide range of sectors, industries ,and geographical regions.
Nobody knows this better than author Deron Wagner, an experienced ETF trader and founder of Morpheus Capital LP. And now, in the Second Edition of Trading ETFs, he outlines alogical, step-by-step approach that will enable you to easily master ETF trading by using technical analysis and “trading what you see, not what you think.”
Divided into four comprehensive parts, this reliable resource puts Wagner’s successful trading style in perspective and reveal show you can effectively use it in your short-, intermediate-, or long-term trading endeavors. Chapter by chapter, it skillfully:
- Provides you with a brief history of the growth of ETFs and describes the major families and types of ETFs—fromPowerShares and iShares to inversely correlated and leveragedETFs
- Discusses how Wagner’s “top-down” strategy of ETF trading always favors your odds of success in both up and down markets
- Examines strategies for determining ideal entry and exit points and walks you through real trades Wagner has made—with the actual outcome of the trades, using real capital, also presented
- Offers a host of pointers to help fine-tune your strategy after putting it into action—touching upon such topics as positionsizing, getting efficient ETF executions, and identifying relative strength during intraday trading
Whether you’re a full-time professional investor or someone who wishes to learn new techniques for actively managing your personal portfolio, you will benefit from this book. Thoroughly revised and updated to reflect today’s dynamic market, Trading ETFs, SecondEdition has what you need to succeed in this field.
From the Back Cover
Whether you’re interested in dealing exclusively with ETFs or would like to use them to supplement your portfolio, the SecondEdition of Trading ETFs contains the in-depth insights and practical advice you need to achieve these goals.
Written by experienced ETF trader Deron Wagner, this reliable resource outlines the author’s proven approach to successfully trading ETFs by using technical analysis and “trading what you see ,not what you think.”
Engaging and informative, the Second Edition of TradingETFs opens with a brief history of ETFs and introduces you to the numerous fund families from which you can choose ETF products.From here, Wagner walks you through the essential aspects of his”top-down” trading strategy by showing you specifically how technical analysis is used to trade ETFs. After learning how to select the best ETFs for trading and investing, you’ll discover—through actual trades Wagner has executed—how to determine the proper timing for entering and exiting your positions.
Chances are you’re already familiar with ETFs and perhaps already invest in them. Whatever your case may be, Trading ETFs, Second Edition can help improve your understanding of this popular financial product and put you in a better position to profit from it.